The Birthplace of Minnesota has been protected by the Stillwater Fire Department since 1872. The Departments numerous services now have a state of the art facility from which to train and respond. This growing community with deep Minnesota roots strategically located this facility where the residents may be best served quickly, and it shares a wall with the Minnesota National Guard for when events require collaboration between the two organizations.
EVS acted as a liaison between the City Fire Department and the County regarding access to the adjacent county road. Optimizing circulation of large vehicles and parking for on-call responders were also critical elements in designing a site that functioned to the needs of the department while complying with the security requirements of their neighbors, the National Guard.