SOLAR PV ENGINEER:
As a key member of the Engineering team, the candidate will be responsible for creating full set engineering drawings, one lines, wire schedules, PVsyst analysis and conducting solar project feasibility studies and drafting designs for solar system using AutoCAD as well as other design programs.
- Creating full set Electrical drawings for Utility and Commercial scale Solar projects.
- Drafting electrical one-line diagrams, panel system designs and conduct PVsyst Analysis.
- Creating PV Wire schedule and create equipment detail sheets.
- Gaining deep knowledge of PV system components like modules, racking, inverters and BOS.
- Attend client meetings explaining effectively EVS, Inc.’s Electrical Engineering competence.
- Have a good understanding of NEC 2014 and keep up with emerging technologies.
- Conducting site feasibility studies and assisting with site surveying for PV layouts, building measurements and solar trajectory, shading, and power output calculations.
- Review shop drawings, respond to request for information (RFIs) and assist with general construction support services.
Must be passionate about the renewable energy business, hardworking and thrive in the fast pace of a new department with tremendous growth potential in a stable Engineering firm. In addition, the Solar Project Engineer must possess:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience working as an Engineer for an engineering firm, EPC or Solar Developer.
- PE in Electrical Engineering or currently working towards it. (Engineer-in-training)
- In depth experience with AutoCAD, manual drafting, and electrical line drawing.
- Understanding of engineering and renewable energy systems
- Excellent organizational skills: proficient with MS Excel spreadsheets and data management
- An excitement for project development – a desire to create something new from plans
- Understanding of solar photovoltaic systems including SCADA.
- Background in Electrical engineering and some understanding of Medium and High Voltage AC.
- Background in software like CYMCAP, AmpCalc, SKM, and E-Tap is highly desirable.
EVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.