Overview: As a key member of the Engineering team, the candidate will be responsible for managing full set engineering drawings, one lines, wire schedules, PVsyst analysis and conducting solar project feasibility studies and drafting designs for solar system using AutoCAD as well as other design programs.
- Managing/creating full set Electrical drawings for Utility and Commercial-scale Solar projects.
- Electrical one-line diagrams, panel system designs and conducting PVsyst Analysis.
- Creating PV Wire schedule and creating equipment detail sheets.
- Gaining deep knowledge of PV system components like modules, racking, inverters and BOS.
- Attending client meetings to effectively explain EVS, Inc.’s Electrical Engineering competence.
- Having a good understanding of NEC 2017 and keeping up with emerging technologies.
- Conducting site feasibility studies, commissioning site visits and meeting with utilities to understand their needs.
Must be passionate about the renewable energy business, hardworking and thrive in the fast pace of a new department with tremendous growth potential in a stable Engineering firm. In addition, the Solar Project Engineer must possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an Engineer/project manager for an engineering firm, EPC or Solar Developer
- NABCEP Certification and Electrical Engineer-in-training (EIT)/PE highly preferred
- In depth experience with AutoCAD, manual drafting, and electrical line drawing
- Understanding of engineering and renewable energy systems
- Excellent organizational skills: proficient with MS Excel spreadsheets and data management
- An excitement for project development – a desire to create something new from plans
- Ability to interpret site drawings and communicate effectively about them
- Familiar with electrical components and electrical engineering
- Understanding of solar photovoltaic systems including SCADA and monitoring systems
- Background in Electrical/Mechanical engineering and some understanding of Medium and High Voltage AC
- Understanding of ampacity calculations in AmpCalc, SKM or CYMCAP will be highly valuable but not required
- Understanding of power studies in SKM or E-tap will be highly valuable, but it is not required
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering