EVS, Inc. is seeking a Civil Project Engineer to join our Solar Civil team. The Civil Project Engineer will perform activities related to the site design of Solar Photovoltaic projects including site planning, grading, stormwater modeling, erosion control design, and writing of SWPPPs and stormwater reports. We are seeking an Engineer who shares our passion for high quality design, loyalty to clients and a fast-paced work environment. This position will serve as a member of an integrated design team and be responsible for coordinating civil design alongside other disciplines to meet project schedules and deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with and/or lead preparation of design documents for solar Civil design including calculations, drawings and civil specifications
- Drafting and design with Autocad Civil 3D ie. Mass grading, utilities, road corridors, volume earthwork comparisons, surface creation with feature lines and grading objects.
- Stormwater modeling, basin design and report writing
- Distributes work to Staff Engineers or other Project Engineers
- Trains Staff Engineers on design software, calculations, and design concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 4-8 years of experience in any Civil site design related industry ie. Residential, commercial, etc
- Civil design of solar projects is preferred but not required
- PE Required
- Proficient with Autocad Civil 3D and HydroCAD
- Experience in grading, storm water management design, and erosion control/SWPPP
- Must be detail oriented and efficient in problem solving
- Must have interest in land development and site design
- Experience in or willingness to research storm water and erosion control requirements in or out of state jurisdictions
- Must have a customer service mindset
Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@evs-eng.com
EVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.